Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Is it getting bloggy in here.

After seeing Ahmed's post, I was reminded that I had intended to update on my fantasy football season every three or four weeks. So this is one of those.

Team 1: 1-2, 9th out of twelve, $20 buy-in
At first glance, it would appear that I have little more than an outside shot at three-peating as champion of the family feud league. But I'm right in there for points for and have the second most points against. If Ben Roethlisberger could stop putting the ball in the hands of the defense and I had any semblance of a TE I'd be doing just fine. This past week, my team made a pretty big improvement when, lo and behold, a trade offer appeared! I was offered Hakeem Nicks and Arian Foster for Fred Jackson and Jerome Harrison. Without hesitation, I hit accept. A while later my conscience was all like "dude, I know he offered you that deal, but, c'mon, that's just not fair." After some discussion with my trade partner, it is apparent that he is aware of how much potential he gave up, but desperately needed points now. Ok. I currently am shopping my now amazing RB and WR depth (I now have McCoy, Bradshaw, Jacobs and Foster at RB and White, V. Jackson, Nicks, and Holmes at WR) to upgrade at QB and TE. Things could really be looking up for this team if Foster becomes even 80% of the Foster he was last year and some other guys start to reach their potential.

Team 2: 2-1, 5th of 12, $10 buy-in
It breaks my heart to see Ahmed's team suck so bad. If it weren't for a metric shit-ton of injuries, I'd probably be in 2nd or 3rd, but hey. Drew Brees and Andre Johnson are definitely carrying this team. For the last week or two Knowshon Moreno, Dez Bryant, Mario Manningham, have all been out or questionable. It sucks when three guys you expected to be the core of your team are all un-startable. It leads to things like starting Mike Tolbert when he doesn't do anything after week 1 and Joseph Addai having a good week against the Steelers while on my bench. At least Vernon Davis finally got some looks in San Fran. I'm still pretty confident about this team. I just need my guys to heal up and maybe trade for a reliable RB. Although I don't think I have the depth to make that really viable. I'm also really glad I drafted Eric Decker. I'm thinking he'll be kept for a number of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment