Monday, December 13, 2010

The good news is

I only have two more days of classes. Apparently this guy is trying to leave me with as many gems as he can before I never have to listen to his dumb ass open his mouth ever again.
So in my physics class there's this guy. Everybody knows this guy. He uses that tone of voice and those inflections that a smart person might stereotypically use. However, I don't think he's said a sentence so far this semester that wasn't complete nonsense. It's made all that more hilarious when my old-school Asian professor squints at him, laughs and asks if anyone else wants to try and answer his question.
Here's what he had to say today. And this may be the best one yet...
The question? (regarding relativity) Observer A is standing on top of the IDS tower and observer B is standing on the mall on campus. An airplane flies over downtown Minneapolis. Observer A sees the airplane as being larger than observer B sees. Is it possible that observers A and B are in the same reference frame?
When the professor asked if the question was clear, this guy asked "What do you mean by bigger?"

You should have seen the flurry of eye rolls and 'are you kidding me's.

No comments:

Post a Comment