Monday, November 8, 2010

why i love fantasy football

heading into the monday night football game, i was down by 34 points in my PPR league.  i had 3 players in the game tonight and my opponent had 1.

in general, 34 points is hard to overcome...but not impossible in a PPR league.

however...two of my starters were hines ward and heath miller.  i mention this because the one player my opponent had was ben roethlisberger.  in other words, pretty much all of the production from hines and heath gets negated because big ben is throwing to them.  at the end of the matchup, big ben had 11.45 points and heath and hines combined for 14.10.  so, it was basically a wash.

so, in order to win, i needed over 31 points from my third player.  i don't care what format you play...31 points is asking for quite a bit.

so just who was my last starter for the evening?

none other than TO.

10 receptions, 141 yards, 2 touchdowns.  throw in the fact that he got a tackle on the interception...and he ended up with 36.60 points.

guess who has two thumbs and is still in playoff contention??  this guy.

1 comment:

  1. I love fantasy football, because even though every player he started was projected to score points (i.e. no major injuries or bye weeks), my uncle's team is so bad, I won 101.66-28.4.

    ReplyDelete