Monday, November 29, 2010

a little envy never hurt anyone

dear blogosphere,

i apologize for neglecting you for the last few weeks.  but i have been on break!

one of the perks of being in grad school is that we don't have nearly as much class as during undergrad.  (well, at least in my department.)  i mostly do research, so most of my "class" is done at my own pace on my own time.

because of this fact, my "class" really consists of meeting with my professors, discussing the progress on my research, and then submitting updated papers and projects.  granted, i do still have lecture on tuesdays and thursdays, but the majority of my time is spent researching anything from flooding to economic development.  it keeps me entertained.

as my luck had it, on tuesday (november 16th) my night class ended at about 8:45 pm.  and class for the rest of the week was canceled as well.  and then both of my professors decided to cancel class during the entire week of thanksgiving...and so i ended up with over 2 weeks of thanksgiving vacation.  score!

this coming tuesday (november 30th) i will have night class only.  that is my last class for the semester.  i just have to submit my 2 research papers by december 10th.  and then i am on christmas vacation until january 11th!  so, to summarize: i had a 2 week vacation, class for 10 days, then another month-long vacation.  feel free to be jealous.

i don't know what else to tell the blogosphere other than i did somewhat miss fargo.  i have great friends here--and let's be honest--the prices of everything from groceries to rent is unbelievably cheap.  it's good to be back.  ahmed vows to never go that long without posting ever again.  until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment