Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Bockmed's Family League

It's time to pwn the family again. It's a 12 team, standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 1DST, 6BN, snake draft league with 1 keeper kept at one round higher than where you took them last year. I got to keep C.J. Spiller in the 6th round and the 3rd overall pick. It's on like Donkey Kong.

My Team:


QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Arian Foster
RB: C.J. Spiller
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: Roddy White
TE: Jordan Cameron
Flex: Frank Gore
K: Josh Brown
DST: Tampa Bay
BN: Hakeem Nicks
BN: Cecil Shorts
BN: Fred Jackson
BN: Sidney Rice
BN: Pierre Thomas
BN: Malcom Floyd

What I love about this team:
-My runningbacks! There are certainly concerns with all of them. But really, find me a single runningback not named Adrian Peterson who you know is going to be healthy all year and isn't going to have anyone cutting into their workload. And AD has been hurt before, too. Arian has some definite injury concerns, but considering what was left, I had to take him. The potential to be the number one guy in fantasy is definitely there and Kubiak says he's going to be fine, so my fingers are crossed. C.J. Spiller is going to "run until he pukes" according to his OC. I think they'll be smart with him and he stays healthy and has a monster year. Gore is the centerpiece of his offense, and admittedly on the decline. But in the third round, I am not about to pass on a productive starting runningback. Fred Jackson and Pierre Thomas will both have a role this year and could be fairly useful if someone ahead of them loses their jobs, providing me with all the depth I need at the position. 
-My receiving corps should be nice and steady. Both starters get a high volume of catches. I think Roddy is good for 1300 yds 8 TDs and Reggie will regress to something like 1150 and 5, which is still pretty solid. Hakeem is fragile, but an explosive playmaker who could turn into tradebait if he returns to his former glory. Cecil could be awesome if his QB shows some improvement. Sidney and Malcom are just guys really. They'll probably be the first to get dropped when something shiny pops up on the waiver wire. But who knows, they've both shown flashes before. 

Dislikes: I missed out on a reliable TE, so I waited and waited and grabbed someone who people are raving about. Honestly, there isn't too much I don't like about this team, so that's what I came up with.

I just kept finding value in this draft, and so I have awesome depth at WR and RB, a QB who could approach 5000 yds and ought to throw for more TDs this year, and a frankly, considering how same all the TEs are after the first 2, who really cares who I have in there?

There are a handful of teams that could pop and dominate if their players turn out, but I don't think any have the caliber of flex player that I do or the overall depth. I'm pretty excited for the prospects in this league this year.





No comments:

Post a Comment