Friday, October 12, 2012

Fantasy Football Update

I've been following Ahmed's lead by not posting anywhere near enough. Usually by this point in the season, we've each put out a couple of fantasy updates in addition to other "real-life" postings.

The Family League
I'm sitting at 3-2 (6th place of 12) and 8th in points for. C.J. Spiller was amazing for the first 3 weeks. As luck would have it, he got injured and now I guess I get to wait and see if he ever reaches that level of performance again, now that Fred Jackson is back. Willis McGahee is looking like a pretty smart pick. With the exception of Fred Davis sucking a big one, and C.J. blowing up for a few weeks, none of my picks are really over- or underachieving. Which is a bummer, because you need guys to overachieve if you're going to win. I don't know if this is gonna be my year. Larry Fitzgerald and I would also appreciate it if Arizona could figure out where to find a decent quarterback.

The GC League
Again, at 3-2, I'm sitting in 5th place out of 10 and 5th in points for. Michael Vick has been incredibly underwhelming. Meanwhile, Ben Roethlisberger has been performing quite well most weeks... on my bench. At the same time, my running backs (AP, McCoy, McGahee) are doing good but not great and I've got the top TE in the league in Tony Gonzalez.

Yes, that's right Tony Gonzalez, Father Time himself, is leading all TEs in fantasy points through 5 weeks. He's making everyone who took Jimmy Graham or Gronk in the 2nd (or even in the first) look like a bunch of dumbasses. Speaking of making people look like dumbasses, Victor Cruz proving my bust call wrong by once again putting up crazy numbers. Maybe he is good.

Maybe it's because it's Friday afternoon. Maybe it's because I just got the official "no thanks. You were a great candidate, but we had a lot of great candidates" email from a potential employer. Maybe it's because I feel like some of my responses were really underwhelming in the phone interview I had yesterday for a job that I really, really want, but right now, my motivation levels are at an all-time low.

No comments:

Post a Comment