Wednesday, September 26, 2012

As you probably know

I'm a bit of a beer geek. So you can probably guess how much pain it caused me to overhear a couple of girls walking behind me have the following conversation:

"blah blah blah. I can't drink dark beers"

*cringe at dark being a descriptor of body and/or flavor*

"blah blah. Lite beer x is my favorite."

"eww. I like light beer y."

*implying there are major differences in flavor and quality of major light beer brands*

"meh. I don't really like light beer y. But light beer y lime is pretty good"


2 comments:

  1. What would you say are your five favorite beers? Is it possible to come up with a top five list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to go with the first five great beers that come to mind, these are the ones that I keep going back to, not necessarily the best seasonal/limited release/limited availability beers I've ever had.

    1)Surly Furious
    2)SNPA
    3)Bell's Two Hearted Ale
    4)MTHB Masala Mama (also Mango Mama the one or two times a year I can get it. The stuff is like mana from the heavens)
    5)MTHB Black H2O

    ReplyDelete