Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Updates and Stuff

The big news is that I started a co-op (for those out of the loop: an internship that takes place over multiple, usually rotating, semesters) yesterday at Delta Air Lines in propulsion engineering. So far everybody has been very nice. I've already learned quite a bit in my new workplace, but I have sooo much more to learn. Mostly acronyms. Seriously, these people use so many acronyms... To describe engine parts, official documents, procedures, regulations... Everything has an acronym. My only complaint is that I have to get used to waking up at a time resembling a productive human being 5 days a week again. The commute and business casual dress code I can deal with.

On to fantasy football. We've reached the end of week 6 and a lot has changed.

League 1: Family Feud ($20 buy-in), 4-2, 4th place out of 12

My team is very solid. My only weak spot is QB and I have a feeling Roethlisberger is going to start cleaning up his act, and I can always throw in Hasselbeck based on matchups, so even that isn't so bad. I executed another trade. I gave up Ahmad Bradshaw and Pierre Garcon and received Jason Witten and Mike Tolbert. I know I gave up too much, but frankly I was sick of sitting star players and getting jack shit out of my TE. I'm really only going to be a hair weak on my RBs bye weeks. Seriously check out this team:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Hasselbeck
RB: Lesean McCoy, Arian Foster, Mike Tolbert, Brandon Jacobs (and hopefully Ben Tate. Yes he's available. Don't ask why. It's the family league)
WR: Roddy White, Vincent Jackson, Hakeem Nicks, and Santonio Holmes
TE: Jason Witten (and currently Fred Davis)
K: John Kasay
D: Detroit

I love this team. I get to start 2 top 6 picks at RB, 3 quality number 1 WRs, and now the most consistent TE in football every week. Well, almost every week. Stupid byes. And my backups and QB situation aren't bad either. I just wish I had the old Roddy White. He just isn't as good this year, and sadly I expect it to continue.


League 2: The keeper league with some friends ($10 buy-in), 3-3, 7th out of 12
I should be in 10th place. We've played six weeks and I am one of 3 teams yet to break 500 points for. This team is looking like an absolute failure. My theory of taking quantity over quality with running backs and letting a quality air attack carry the team is absolutely backfiring. My wide receivers and running backs have been ravaged by injury. My team is so thin and so terrible, I was able to fill 7 bench spots with players who, due to bye or injury, weren't playing and my team put up only an embarrassing 51 points. Really Vernon Davis? 8 yards? I don't know what to do about this team. The worst part is that I only see one player as being worth keeping, given that we have to give up the pick two rounds higher than where we took a kept player. Eric Decker. There's always next year. (Or is there? Honestly, I don't like the way this league is running. We failed in putting together a clear set of rules, there's very little incentive to actually keep players, several team managers seem quite disinterested and one has failed to set his lineup two weeks in a row. *sigh*)

ttfn

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand how that first team is possible unless a solid chunk of the league is clueless

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's possible when you trade Fred Jackson and a throwaway for Arian Foster and Hakeem Nicks.

    ReplyDelete