Wednesday, October 26, 2011

great timing

so for those of you who don't know, (sorry for those who already read the stiche corner blog post and found out about it) the one and only tom "all day" day has his own radio show.

his show is from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. every wednesday.  the theme of the show today was black metal.  my boss came into my office at about 9:59 and had a long chat with me about a project we're working on.  (to make the long story short, we have this huge dataset that is comprised of 4 smaller datasets, all of which come from a separate state entity.  it gets very confusing coordinating 4 different organizations to make sure that they code variables in the same way.)  

so my boss was explaining the raw data to me until about 10:07 and then she took off.  at that point i began to livestream KNDS and catch the stiche hour.  

unbeknownst to me at the time, my volume was basically turned up all of the way.  i kid you not, when the livestream finally loaded it was at 3:39 of this song.

right at that split second my boss came back into my office to ask me one final quick question about how i had been coding and analyzing one variable in particular.

as the "aaahhh, Ahhhh, AAHHHH, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" came blasting through the speakers she just kind of looked at me with her jaw dropped.

i quickly hit the mute button on my keyboard and just kind of laughed.  

it was awesome because she just shrugged, shook her head, and said "the variable should be coded 1."  then she nonchalantly left as if nothing had happened.

i really love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment