Saturday, March 26, 2011

the morning after

so i woke up at 4:46 am with contacts glued to my eyeballs, tabasco sauce on my breath, and my laptop sitting open on my lap with 30 rock playing on loop.  (does that last part ring a bell?)

it was a pretty good  night.

to make the long story short, tom and i first went to monte's around 10 pm.  slowly but surely we were joined by jarod, stiche, jeff, shannon, nathan, and nick.  i had only consumed about 3 beverages and was feeling just fine--there was no buzz going on whatsoever.  i had also bought a round for tom and nick, and was suddenly overcome with nostalgia.

chad (bartender): "another one?"
me: "i think i want a jameson, ginger ale, and tabasco."
tom: "no you don't."
chad: "a what?"
me: "chad, chad, chad....one night i came here absolutely obliterated and asked you to surprise me with a drink.  so you gave me a jameson, ginger ale, and tabasco."
chad: "no didn't."
me and tom day simultaneously: "yes you did!"
chad: "wow, i must have really been an ass that night!"

chad then proceeded to pour a drink that was about 40% tabasco, 59% jameson, and a splash of ginger ale.

it basically tasted like spicy pickles.  it was something i will probably never do again.

after that i needed something to get the horrible burn/taste off of my tongue.  so i had a number of other drinks.  and then later we asked for our tab.

grand total: $23.75.

me: "ummm, i think the alcohol is making me honest, but you're missing about 6 drinks here."
john (bartender): "what's that?"
me: "on my tab i'm missing like 2 anchors, a bud light, an old fashioned, and that lovely tabasco drink."
john: "yeeeeah....we felt kind of bad that we apparently did that to you last time...so anything that is missing is on us."

hahahaha.  what an evening.

1 comment: