Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Please wait until noon to reinforce stereotypes.

I moved to Minneapolis over 4 years ago to begin my college career. Prior to that, I spent the majority of my formative years in one of the 50 least diverse small towns in America. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that Minneapolis is all that diverse in comparison to many other cities in America and it's not all that scary of a place, but certain individuals belonging to certain groups have blatantly reinforced stereotypes in front of me on numerous occasions, and because of that, I think it's fair to say that I'm probably more prejudiced now than I was when I left that sheltered little town.

This morning, on my bus ride to school, a couple of Native American chumps were stealing sips (chugs) of Four Loko while the bus driver wasn't looking. It's because people like this are loud, obnoxious and half drunk by 9:00 am that I am no longer surprised, or offended when something like this becomes top comment on a reddit post.

No comments:

Post a Comment