Friday, January 18, 2013

What is this I don't even

So I just saw an ad for a sleep aiding drug called Intermezzo. 3/4 of the ad was spent covering the possible side effects, including possible allergic fatal swelling of the tongue, hallucinations, confusion, dangers while driving or operating machinery, increased depressive or suicidal tendencies, running errands/having sex with no recollection etc... So I had already begun to think, "Who would actually use this drug?" But what really got me was the "common" side-effects, which included headache, nausea, and fatigue.

I'm tired because I can't sleep. Why don't I take this drug, that might kill me, so I can sleep through the night and feel tired.

How is this even on the market?

1 comment:

  1. I, too, have seen this ad!

    It is epic because it mandates that you take it with the condition that you get at least another 4 hours of sleep.

    I don't know about you, but I'm just going to stick with ZZZquil...

    ReplyDelete