Wednesday, July 20, 2011

So there's this girl at work

who i don't like very much.
Long story short, due to certain social dynamics and her ineffectiveness as a student manager, she secretly isn't well liked (though she does assume that I don't like her). Since I'm a fucking bomb ass station leader and I want to prove I deserve the promotion (and raise) to student manager, I volunteered to be the leader of one of the stations at work today. My boss then asked me to pick a team for the day. So I'm supposed to pick a team of 5 or 6 people (including myself) which should consist of a few people who really know what they're doing and one or two who are new(ish). So I pick my three best work friends right off the bat. At this point I have my people who know what they're doing. I look around at the people at the morning meeting to see who else I should pick. I see this girl with her hand raised with "pick me" written on her face, and I smile a little knowing that as a "certified" station leader she doesn't qualify as new(ish). I go on to pick another couple of guys who still have a little to learn.
She flicked me off.
Everyone loled.

6 comments:

  1. Bockmed,
    First - Any day that I get flicked off, I consider it to be a successful day. Well done.

    Second - Here is what I'm looking at for a build. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DD31F
    Would you suggest any changes? Also, should I overclock it? My last question is that I already have a 500 GB external hard drive so would you recommend just getting something like a 64 GB SSD for Windows 7 and a few other things and then just not getting another hard drive?

    Anything I'm missing?
    Also, it'll be $300 or $400 cheaper than it reads out because there'll quite a few mail-in rebates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've looked it over again and put together a second build... Let me know what you think.
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DD5U3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got the right idea going. However, you'd be making a huge mistake to not base your build around a second generation core i-series processor. The Sandy Bridge architecture is just retarded fast. My personal suggestion would be to go with the i5-2500k and pair it with a z68 board. The big difference between the i5 and the i7 is that the i7 can run 8 threads at once vs 4 for the i5, but unless you're running a ton of stuff in the background or using some really intense professional type programs (video editing etc...) you'll never notice the difference, especially not in games.
    Getting an SSD seems like a good idea for that kind of budget. From what I hear they really speed up boot/load times and 64 would be an ideal size for a boot drive, while keeping all of your documents/music/movies on a hard drive. I probably would add on an internal hard drive, at +59 for a good 1 TB drive how can you pass it up?
    I like your choice with the 570.
    Overclocking is a personal preference kind of thing. I'll probably try it soon just for the hell of it. I'm not sure if the performance improvement will be immediately recognizable, but hey. And if you do use a good liquid cpu cooler, you should be able to get some extreme speed out of the 2500k.
    Are you going to order your rig through cyberpower or just use it as a reference and build for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. edit:
    I didn't see the second comment until after my response

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much. I hate to cop out, but I'm just going to end up buying it from these guys and not put it together myself. I know it'll cost more, but I just don't trust myself enough to risk putting it together.

    I switched up a few things and I took your advice and picked the i5-2500k with a z68 board as well as going with SSD plus a TB internal hard drive. Here's my final decision and I'll probably put the order in sometime this week. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DD5XG

    Thank you for all the advice on a topic that was more or less entirely foreign to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a problem dude. Have fun with that thing.

    ReplyDelete