Monday, June 13, 2011

I got 99 problems

but a bitch ain't one. Actually, I have very few problems right now. Things have been good, fairly busy, yet relatively unremarkable lately. Hence, the lack of real posts. Last week after a tremendously sweaty bike ride, I wanted to make a post ranting about how shitty my boss is (seriously, he's a terrible human being). But then I realized that there's no point in being a Negative Nancy all the time. No one wants to read that unless it's brimming with funny stories. At that time it wouldn't have been.

I do have an amusing anecdote from the weekend's activities, however.
On Friday night, I was out at the house of one of my coworkers, among mostly coworkers and a few other friends. This tale needs a little bit of background detail. My very good friend, Dan, happens to be a very big fan of all things nerdy. He can quote every moment of every Star Wars and LOTR movie, but what really stands out is his enthusiasm for and knowledge of Pokemon. He just so happens to own a hat like Ash Ketchum's.
After several alcoholic beverages and jokingly giving one of our male friends a peck on the lips, he went to our very cute lady friend who, unfortunately for men everywhere, happens to be a lesbian and asked for a kiss, to which she obliged. At that point, someone jealously asked why he got to kiss the cute lesbian girl. He indicated the hat and said, "lesbians love Ash Ketchum."
Words to live by.

In other news, I was expecting to have an opportunity that might lead to some good news this week. However something pretty unexpected, though not necessarily bad happened. Now I may have some interesting and good news in a couple more weeks.

Hell's Kitchen in downtown Minneapolis makes some amazing food.

I will be building my first PC sometime soon. The parts should arrive around friday. It's gonna kick ass.

Warm sticky buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment