Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ring ring

If I recall, I may have told you about some of the really shitty professors I've had here at the U.

Let me tell you about one of the, if not THE, best professors I've had so far in my college career. He's easily one of the best at teaching the material. But I really appreciate his candidness and sense of humor. In the middle of this morning's lecture his phone rang. He looked at it, ignored the call, proceeded to silence his phone and then said (read this with a light Indian accent),
"That was my wife. Now she's going to be pissed... Do you see what I do for you folks?"

Maybe you had to be there. Most likely it's the little things that gets one through 6 hours of lecture in a day. But to me this moment ranks up there among top professor moments with the likes of:
"It's too early on a Friday to do math in public." and
"Let me run back over here." (said sarcastically indicating the other end of the whiteboard prior to one of the most doesn't-give-a-fuck walks I've ever seen)

No comments:

Post a Comment