Monday, April 18, 2011

Blogging is Really Hard

Sometimes you just don't feel inspired to write anything to be shared with the world. Even though we made promises to keep this thing popping out hot sticky buns, it seems that all amateur bloggers hit a wall at some point. Don't think I've forgotten about this baby of ours. I've just not had.... whatever it takes to sit down and share something interesting or funny, or just anything at all, really.

I just got done having a pretty funny conversation with two of my roommates about what terrible people we all were as high schoolers (as a side note, take a look at the word school some time. It's just a misshapen, ugly word), and some of the nicknames we had for people who were perhaps a little different. One thing I learned is that my roommate Matt and his friends, and just for the hell of it I'll extend it to all people from Duluth, suck at coming up with nicknames for people. Here are just a few examples we came across:
1) "Armpit Hair" - the nickname for a guy who's armpit hair was reportedly of excessive length.
2) "Blue Shoes" - this guy had blue shoes.
3) "Samurai Sword" - formerly known as "Blue Shoes," he earned this nickname after threatening to kill several classmates with a Katana.
4) "Deodorant" - she smelled funny.


This whole conversation started when I told them about the guy known fondly to most of the U of M Aerospace Engineering class of 2012 as "Retrograde." But that's another story.
It's been real. Holla back. Or some other ironically cliche way of telling someone good-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment