Friday, May 18, 2012

Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy


I threw a wish in the well. Don't ask me, I'll never tell. I looked to you as it fell, and now you're in my way.


This is Bockmed comin' at you from shitty hotel wi-fi in Caseyville, IL. If it is isn't apparent yet, my mind is a jumbled mess right now. I'm in a surprisingly good mood considering all I dealt with today. But we'll get to that.

Some of you know (and some of you don't) that Imma be interning with a certain company in the Hotlanta, GA area this summer, so today and tomorrow I'm road trippin' with my [one?] favorite ally. 

Today, I drove ~576 miles to get to where I am now, plus about another 30 due to a series of unfortunate events. But I'll allude to that later.

While it's on my mind... Foreigner's Urgent is a terrible song to come on the radio when  you need to piss like Secretariat. 

So I wanted to relate to the internet, which is mostly a few of my very close friends, the kinds of thoughts I had during my ~10 hours of driving today. Because that's about all you have to do when you're driving aaallll by yourself across fucking Iowa, in a car that maybe has A/C (It's about as capable of producing a cool breeze as a 90 year old asthmatic politician, so what you get is this kind of "is it cold? I don't know." kind of output that is 1 degree cooler than ambient so I just open the windows), no cd player, no auxiliary input, and I have no ipod radio adapter thing. So basically, I spent the day listening to whatever shit came on the radio. And believe me. There was a lot of shit. 

I fucking hate Nicki Minaj. Why is she famous? Why do people pay her to make what some call music? What's with the fucking voice change shit? And the lack of flow, and the rhyming of words with themselves? She exemplifies everything that is wrong with popular music today. Which reminds me, this guy makes a ton of valid points on the subject. I don't agree with everything he says, particularly the T. Swift hate, but it's hard to argue against him. 

You know what this country needs more of? Christian rock, Christian talk, and country music stations. There's a serious lack right now.

It was hot today.

Who hates Iowa? I hate Iowa. Seriously. Next to Kansas, it's the most desolate hellscape I've ever driven across. It's tearjerkingly boring. It's just an endless string of fields and farmhouses. but wait, in the southeastern corner, some of the fields have a gentle roll to them. Shit I'm already looking forward to the drive back in August, when the only thing I'll see is corn for about 5 hours.

At least Missouri looks kinda like Minnesota, but with less Evergreens. But their road system. What the fuck?
I bet the meeting where they decided how to name their highways went something like this:

"Dude, brah, bro, Broseidon, bro cookie, I've got this great idea for trolling drivers. What if we, guys, what if we name the roads, guys, what if we name the roads just a letter?"

"Um, that's actually kind of a good idea. That would really simplify things."

"No dude. It looks like the joke's on us, but secretly, the joke is on drivers, because we won't put them in any logical order, and sometimes, we'll double the letter."

"Good one, brah. They'll be so trolled."


scene.

But despite all the rageworthy occurrences of the day, I'm actually in a really calm, peaceful state. And with that, I'm gonna go to bed. Because I have another 9 hours of driving tomorrow and I want to get an early start. Moar updates later. I promise.

Your bonus words of the day are:

You didn't have to stoop so low: have your friends collect your records and then change your number.

No comments:

Post a Comment